Master in Mining with Mineral Technology
Why choose our MMT Programme?
- The aim of mining and mineral technology study is mainly to produce graduates with the advanced knowledge on mining and mineral technology with economical, geological, mineralogical, environmental impacts, safety issues, regulations, social responsibility related to the operation, regulation and technical aspects for the whole life cycle of the mine and on the related processes of it, from the start-up to closure of a mine.
- Graduates that have Bachelor in Mining/Mineral Engineering or any relevant engineering/science discipline
- Industrial personal who have involved in Mining/Mineral Engineering
- It covers 75% of Mining and 25% Mineral Technology related subjects.
Mode & Duration of Programme
|Full Time||3 Semester||1 Year|
|Part Time||4 Semester||1.5 Years|
|Semester III||Thesis/Master Project||10 Credits|
Candidates who would like to apply for this programme must meet the following conditions:
- A bachelor's degree with minimum CPA of 2.50 or equivalent, as accepted by the University Senate or
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent not meeting CPA of 2.50 can be accepted subject to a minimum of five (5) years working experience in the relevant fields.
English Language Requirement
All international students must at least meet one of the folowing requirements:
- Students must have IELTS Band 5.0 or TOEFL 500. The certification should not be more than 2 years from the date test taken and registration of candidature. Exception- English requirement is not needed for international students with Bachelor and Masters' degrees from Malaysia universities.
- IELTS Band 5.0 and below and/or TOEFL 500 and below must attend Enhancement Module of the Pre-sessional Englinsh Course (PEC).
- Students without any English language certification must attent English course- Pre- sessional English Course (PEC).
- Intakes are twice in the year : February and September
For more information on postgraduate study, kindly click on this link http://ips.ump.edu.my/index.php/en/
Further information :