Master in Mining with Mineral Technology
Why choose our MMT Programme?
- The aim of mining and mineral technology study is mainly to produce graduates with the advanced knowledge on mining and mineral technology with economical, geological, mineralogical, environmental impacts, safety issues, regulations, social responsibility related to the operation, regulation and technical aspects for the whole life cycle of the mine and on the related processes of it, from the start-up to closure of a mine.
- Graduates that have Bachelor in Mining/Mineral Engineering or any relevant engineering/science discipline
- Industrial personal who have involved in Mining/Mineral Engineering
- It covers 75% of Mining and 25% Mineral Technology related subjects.
Mode & Duration of Programme
|Full Time||3 Semester||1 Year|
|Part Time||4 Semester||1.5 Years|
|Semester III||Thesis/Master Project||10 Credits|
- Recognized degree with CPA 2.50/4.00 and above or
- Recognized degree with CPA lower than 2.50/4.00. The candidates must have minimum of 5 years working experience in related fields.
English Language Requirement
- Candidates should have a good command of English equivalent to IELTS 6.0, TOEFL* 550 points (for international students only) or MUET Band 4 (for local students only). *TOEFL ITP is not acceptable.
- Candidates who have obtained a lower result or have not taken the TOEFL/IELTS are required to sit for the Preparatory Intensive English (PIE) classes and obtained Band 6.0 in the UMP English Proficiency Test (UMP-EPT) after registration.
- Intakes are twice in the year : January and September
For more information on postgraduate study, kindly click on this link http://ips.ump.edu.my/index.php/en/
Further information :